The Seminole State Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning provides opportunities for all College faculty to engage in professional development activities that respect the talents and expertise that faculty bring to the classroom.
- Promote professional development in discipline areas and instructional strategies to enhance student learning and success
- Provide training to faculty on effective methods for evaluating implemented instructional strategies
- Support faculty in its ongoing quest to be sensitive to multicultural issues
- Act as a central resource for teaching and learning material
- Provide opportunities for new faculty and adjuncts to become oriented to Seminole State
- Provide a collegial space for faculty to collaborate on teaching and learning projects
- Recognize faculty achievements and excellence
Faculty Advisory Committee
The Center's faculty Advisory Committee helps in the selection of professional activities and teaching/learning resources beneficial to faculty and relevant to student retention and success.
2011-2013 Advisory Committee
- Doreen Collins
- Paty Yorti
- Christy Graves
- Vanessa Wynn
- Laura Dickinson
- Mary Dettman
- Ashley Navarro
- Carissa Baker
- Angela Adam-Smith
The Center is located in Building L-016 on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.