Community Disaster - Off Campus
1. Safety and Security Dispatcher will respond if requested by off campus jurisdiction.
- Complete first-responder assessment.
- Alert appropriate on-campus responders, Community Relations and Marketing.
- Handle traffic/crowd control.
2. Facilities Management (if requested)
- Provide staging support as required.
- Provide access keys.
- Provide Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning support, as necessary.
- Provide building As-Builts drawings.
- Provides HAZMAT information.
- Observe/evaluate building evacuation.
- Handles OSHA paperwork.
- Post signage at emergency site to inform faculty/staff/students.
- Establish telephone information hotline and updates as needed.
3. College Relations and Marketing (if requested)
- Alert appropriate top administrators
- Issue immediate statement acknowledging that the administration is aware of the Incident and is investigating. More information will be released to the news media and the public as it becomes available.
- Alert appropriate college departments.
- Provide information to news media, and serve as information hub.
- Assist Facilities Management with telephone hotline message.
- Disseminate administrative decisions regarding the emergency.
- Appointment a spokesperson/evaluate for the incident.
4. Emergency Management Team (if requested)
- Review situation assessments and updates as they become available.
- Authorize relocation or cancellation of classes, if necessary.
- Authorize relocation or closing of staff offices, if necessary.
- Coordinate initial meeting - team leader.