Seminole State College's eLearning Office is responsible for:
- Providing support to students through the Sakai/distance learning HelpDesk.
- Providing support to faculty for online and Web-enhanced courses.
- Providing faculty training for online and Web-enhanced courses.
- Researching new courses for various disciplines and assisting faculty in the selection of updated online courses.
- Distributing eLearning welcome information (welcome e-mails, department information, instructor welcome letters, etc.) to students each term.
- Implementing eLearning course exit surveys and evaluations each term and giving the compiled/analyzed results to faculty for review.
- Coordinating the eLearning Faculty Mentor Program.
- Providing consulting services to meet faculty needs in support of instructional technology.
- Assisting faculty with:
- Instructional design and course development for courses in all distance learning modes.
- Development of new course materials.
- Requesting publisher content.
- Converting existing course materials for online delivery.
- Graphics and multimedia creation.
- Obtaining copyright permissions.
- Course reviews.