Professional Certificate (5 year renewable)
- Submit an application and $56 fee for each subject requested.
- Hold an acceptable bachelor's or higher degree.
- Meet specialization (subject content) requirements as specified in rule in a subject in which Florida offers certification, OR present a passing score earned after July 1, 2002, on the appropriate Florida Subject Area Exam, except in the following areas: Administration of Adult Education, Guidance and Counseling, Educational Leadership, Reading, School Psychologist and Speech-Language Impaired.
Obtain a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in the "initial certification" subject to be shown on a certificate.
- Submit an application and $56 fee.
- Hold a valid Official Statement of Status of Eligibility which reflects that subject requirements are met for a Florida certificate.
- Obtain employment in an instructional or administrative position in a Florida public, state-supported, or non-public school which has an approved system for demonstration of Professional Education Competence. Go to www.TeachInFlorida.com for employment information.
Submit fingerprints to employing district or school. Fingerprint report must be submitted by the employer to the Bureau of Educator Certification.
- Satisfy the professional preparation (education courses or Florida alternative certification program) requirement. See Rule 6A-4.006, FAC for more information on education courses or contact your employer for information on alternative certification.
- Satisfy Florida's testing requirements by presenting a passing score on each of the following tests or an approved alternative:
- Florida General Knowledge Test
- Florida Professional Education Test
- Subject Test for each subject shown on the certificate
Successfully complete an approved system for demonstration of Professional Education Competence.