Staff Credential Verification, formerly known as a Child Development Associate (CDA) Waiver, can exempt you from the CDA program requirements if you have a degree from another field.
If you have earned an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or higher in any field, you qualify for this program.
- Submit a completed Seminole State College application to the Admissions Office.
- Complete the Steps to Enroll.
- Submit official college transcripts showing degree.
- Complete the state-mandated 45 hours.
- If your degree falls outside the field of early childhood education, you must complete the following courses:
- EEC 1000: Child Growth and Development
- EEC 2200: Educational Practices in Early Childhood Education
- Document 480 hours of experience working with children ages 0-8 in a childcare setting.
If you have a degree in early childhood education, or if you have completed the required coursework and experience hours, you can download the Childcare Staff Credential Verification Application from the Department of Children and Families website.
- Download Form CF-FSP 5211: Florida Childcare Staff Credential Verification Application.
- Print the form and complete all required sections.
- Mail your completed form and appropriate documentation to:
Child Care Training Services Center
2807 Remington Green Circle
Tallahassee, FL 32308
- If all requirements are met, you will receive a Staff Credential Verification Form (CF-FSP 5206) from the Department of Children and Families.
Please note: Only hours spent in a childcare, preschool or VPK setting will count toward the experience requirement.