Library Resources and Services
The Seminole State College libraries are committed to providing excellent service, utilizing new technologies and maintaining an ongoing environment of open inquiry and intellectual freedom. The following library services are available to all students currently enrolled at Seminole State College. They are designed to meet the needs of campus and eLearners, those pursuing a bachelor’s degree, as well as students enrolled at UCF's regional campus at Seminole State.
- Full-service library facilities are located on each campus and are available for study, research, leisure reading and gathering with classmates and colleagues. Library resources that support curriculum of study at these sites will be found in the various campus libraries.
- Students, faculty and staff members may check out books, eReaders, CDs and DVDs from a library. Periodicals are not loaned and must be used or photocopied at the campus location.
- Hours of operation, locations and library services are available on the library's website. The library on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus is open seven days a week.
- The library's online catalog is the virtual access portal to find book details and locations, media, eBooks and other resources. The virtual library also provides access to full-text articles from more than 130 electronic databases.
- The Seminole State College ID card also functions as a library card. All registered students may access the online catalog with their Seminole State login name and four-digit PIN, regardless of location or library hours.
- Students, faculty and staff members have reciprocal library borrowing privileges at all Florida state colleges and university libraries. Borrowing assistance is available at each campus's library information services desk. A current Seminole State College ID is all that is required for reciprocal borrowing privileges.
- Library assistance is available by phone, in person, text, email, video phone between campuses and from the chat window on the library website.
- Librarians and paraprofessionals assist students in finding and using print and electronic resources and with Internet research. They also maintain a blog to keep the community informed about library and research news.
- Librarians provide group instruction and individual consultation on how to develop a research strategy and effectively locate and use resources.
- The library's YouTube channel houses helpful tutorials about the library’s resources. Tutorials about the online catalog and other research services are also available online.
- Collegewide borrowing between all four Seminole State library collections generally takes place within 24-48 hours. Interlibrary loan service provides students access to books and periodical articles from other libraries within the state and throughout the country that are not part of the Seminole State library collection.
- Personal computers for Web research are available at all library sites. Seminole State's libraries are also equipped with Wi-Fi and netbook computers that may be requested at the information services desk for use in that library. Printing is available for a nominal fee.
- Seminole State's Computing and Telecommunication Services (CTS) Department maintains an open computer lab within the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus library to support students as they complete their coursework. Students are encouraged to review the posted CTS lab rules prior to utilizing this service.