6. Transfer students are exempt from PERT testing for placement purposes if they transfer in successfully completed college prep courses in reading, writing and math or college-level courses in English and math. Students are exempt from entry testing when their official test scores arrive and are entered into the Seminole State College student database.
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges;
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education;
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education;
- Northwest Association of Secondary and Higher Schools, Commission on Colleges and Universities;
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools;
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities and Accrediting Commission for Junior Colleges.
7. Transfer students on academic probation, suspension or dismissal from another college should note the following requirements:
- Students are allowed to apply for admission to the College. Once their transcript is received and evaluated, their academic status can change. After transcripts are evaluated, students are alerted to their Standards of Academic Progress as indicated on their Seminole State transcript.
- The Office of Enrollment Services will notify students with regard to their transcript evaluation during their first semester of enrollment. Students may appeal the evaluation prior to the end of their second semester of attendance at the College. Seminole State does not award college credit based upon experiential learning. The final determination for transfer of credit equivalency decisions rests with the Director of Records and Registration/Registrar.
Seminole State College
100 Weldon Boulevard
Sanford, Florida 32773-6199