Support for Veterans and Military Personnel
There are many resources available to assist veterans as they move toward civilian careers. If you aren't sure which career path you want to pursue, explore the links provided below, under the heading "Making a Career Decision."
Making a Career Decision
MyPlan offers self-assessment tools that will help you discover how your personality, skills, values and interests might influence a career choice. You must be a current Seminole State student to gain free access to these assessments. Please call 407.708.2033 for a license code when establishing your portfolio.
- O*NET Military Skills Translator
- 13 Steps to Making a Career Decision
Find a Job
Career Development Center Book Resources
In addition to the websites listed above, the Career Development Center has many books available to assist veterans in finding a career. Some of the selections include:
- "150 Best Jobs Through Military Training" by Laurence Shatkin
- "Careers for Patriotic Types & Others Who Want to Serve Their Country" by Jan Goldberg
- "Resumes for Former Military Personnel" by McGraw-Hill
- "Opportunities in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Careers" by James Stinchcomb
- "The Book of U.S. Government Jobs: Where They Are, What's Available, and How to Get One" by Dennis V. Damp
- "Careers in Focus: Government" by Ferguson