Getting Started with Your Co-ops/Internships

Step 1: Determine your eligibility.

  • You must have a declared major.
  • You must have at least a 2.5 GPA.
  • You must have completed at least one semester at Seminole State and some course work related to your major.
  • You must currently have, or must obtain through the assistance of the co-op staff, a job that is related to your academic and career goals.
  • You must be registered in Career Link.
  • If you are an international student, you must visit the International Student Office on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus (room A-105) to see if you qualify. For more information, call 407.708.2172.

Step 2: Meet with an academic advisor.

  • Meet with an academic advisor to determine how many co-op credits you need for your degree.

Step 3: Contact the Career Development Center for an appointment.

  • Sanford/Lake Mary Campus (C-103): 407.708.2104
  • Oviedo Campus (OVF-101B): 407.971.5124
  • Altamonte Springs Campus (ALT-106A): 407.404.6154
  • Heathrow Campus (HEA-209): 407.708.4512


  • It is recommended that you start this process early in the semester prior to your anticipated co-op/internship registration. To register, you must have appropriate placement and receive written permission from the Career Development Center.
  • All international students must work with a Career Development Center representative on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.