Getting Started with Your Co-ops/Internships
Step 1: Determine your eligibility.
- You must have a declared major.
- You must have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- You must have completed at least one semester at Seminole State and some course work related to your major.
- You must currently have, or must obtain through the assistance of the co-op staff, a job that is related to your academic and career goals.
- You must be registered in Career Link.
- If you are an international student, you must visit the International Student Office on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus (room A-105) to see if you qualify. For more information, call 407.708.2172.
Step 2: Meet with an academic advisor.
- Meet with an academic advisor to determine how many co-op credits you need for your degree.
Step 3: Contact the Career Development Center for an appointment.
- Sanford/Lake Mary Campus (C-103): 407.708.2104
- Oviedo Campus (OVF-108): 407.971.5033
- Altamonte Springs Campus (ALT-102): 407.404.6143
- Heathrow Campus (HEA-209): 407.708.4512
- It is recommended that you start this process early in the semester prior to your anticipated co-op/internship registration. To register, you must have appropriate placement and receive written permission from the Career Development Center.
- All international students must work with a Career Development Center representative on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.