Successful construction managers have excellent leadership skills and are able to plan and conduct operations for successful construction projects from design to occupancy. Typically, they work on major projects with design and construction professionals, optimizing the use of manpower and materials, solving problems and thinking creatively. Construction managers must use clear communication, teamwork and organization.
Seminole State College’s Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Construction, the only program of its kind in Central Florida, leads to professional licensure as a general contractor (Certified GC- and/or Building Contractor) and jobs in high-demand fields.
Seminole State educates you to manage projects from conception to completion. You'll study theory but also receive hands-on experience.
Why Seminole State?
- Outstanding reputation: The College has been developing construction programs for more than 20 years.
- Industry-driven curriculum: Courses, which focus on the latest industry trends, are based on the model set by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE), the professional benchmark for quality U.S. construction education programs for five decades.
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners," with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Hands-on experience: You can apply your knowledge to real-world situations through co-ops and internships with leading employers.
- Industry support: The four-year program is industry-focused and supported by the region's construction leaders.
- Award-winning facilities: You will study in award-winning facilities and high-tech labs.
- Community involvement: You can participate in community projects, visit major construction sites and take part in activities with local chapters of professional organizations.
Careers benefiting from this degree are among the fastest growing in the region. During the next eight years, state figures project an average of 2,000 openings per year in Central Florida.
A bachelor's degree in construction prepares you for these careers:
- Building/Construction Inspector
- Construction Manager
- Cost Estimator
- General Contractor
- Green and Sustainable Construction Manager
- Property, Real Estate and Community Association Manager
- Real Estate Developer
- Safety Inspector
- Safety Manager