Architectural engineering professionals assist engineers and architects in developing the heating, air conditioning and electrical systems of buildings. They use their expertise in math, physics and engineering to ensure that a building is sound and functional. Architectural engineering graduates pursue highly paid careers in the construction industry and related areas.
The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Engineering Technology emphasizes the application of scientific and engineering techniques to real-world problems specific to the built environment. This program combines lecture and lab courses to give you the knowledge and skills to assist in planning and designing buildings.
Why Seminole State?
- Outstanding reputation: Seminole State has been developing engineering and construction programs for more than 20 years.
- Professional curriculum: Courses are based on the model set by the Accreditation Board for Engineering Technology (ABET), the professional benchmark for engineering and engineering technology programs since 1937.
- Industry involvement: The program is industry-focused and supported by the region’s design and construction leaders.
- Quality facilities: Study in award-winning facilities and high-tech labs.
- Industry-focused faculty: Faculty are “scholar-practitioners,” with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Hands-on experience: Participate in community projects, visit major construction sites and take part in activities with local chapters of professional organizations.
- Real-world opportunities: Apply your knowledge to real-world situations through co-ops and internships with leading employers.
- Uniqueness: This is the only public program in Central Florida.
Occupations benefiting from this degree are some of the fastest growing in Central Florida. During the next eight years, state figures project an average of 325 openings per year in the region.
A bachelor's degree in architectural engineering prepares you for these careers:
- Architectural Engineering Technologist
- Drafting Manager
- Engineering and Mapping Technician
- Environmental Engineering Technician