Student-Athlete Guidelines for Use of the Athletic Training Office
Using the Facility:
- Student-athletes must complete a Health Information Packet and provide proof of medical insurance before participating in an athletic program or receiving medical attention from Seminole State's athletic training and sports medicine staff.
- Failure to report injuries and provide proper documentation in a timely manner will nullify any insurance obligations by Seminole State College.
- Only student-athletes and the athletics staff can receive services from the Athletic Training Office.
- Student-athletes are required to shower and demonstrate proper hygienic applications after practices and games prior to receiving evaluations and treatments in the Athletic Training Office, except in the case of an emergency.
- Seminole State's Athletic Training Office is a co-ed facility. Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
- Athletic Training Office supplies and equipment are not to be removed from the Athletic Training Office without written authorization from the athletic training staff.
Receiving Evaluations and Treatments:
- Seminole State's Athletic Training Office is not a student-athlete lounge. Persons not receiving scheduled treatments or pre-game/pre-practice preparations should not be in the office.
- All Raider and visiting student-athletes are required to sign in upon entering the Athletic Training Office.
- Personal items and backpacks should be properly stored under the assigned treatment table.
- Treatment for non-emergency injuries should be scheduled in advance. Scheduled treatments are given priority.
- Treatment for existing injuries is only provided on a scheduled basis. Treatments take approximately 45 minutes and are not guaranteed for walk-ins.
- Student-athletes who fail to show up for a scheduled treatment may be suspended from athletic activities.
- Student-athletes who fail to schedule a required treatment may also be suspended from athletic activities.
- It is the student-athlete's responsibility to schedule and verify additional treatments until released.
- Student-athletes do not dictate treatment.
- Do not disrespect other student-athletes or the athletic training staff. Failure to extend courteous and respectful interaction will result in the revocation of Athletic Training Office privileges.
- Continued non-compliance and/or disregard for the rules set fourth herein may result in revocation of Athletic Training Office privileges.
- No loitering, sleeping, hanging out or otherwise using the Athletic Training Office as a lounge.
- No tobacco products are allowed in the Athletic Training Office. Violation of this rule will result in disciplinary action as set forth in the Department of Athletics Drug Education and Drug Testing Procedure on Alcohol, Tobacco and other Substances.
- Use of cell phones, music players and other personal electronic devices are not permitted in the Athletic Training Office. Please shut off and store all items prior to entering the office.
- Sport drink preparation and/or cooler cleaning is not permitted in the Athletic Training Office.
- Do not bring sport-related equipment into the Athletic Training Office. All equipment should be left in the hall.
- Backpacks should be properly stored under the assigned treatment table or against the wall.
- No food or drink is permitted in the Athletic Training Office. Any food or drink brought into the Athletic Training Office by a student-athlete is subject to immediate disposal by staff.
- No cleats are to be worn inside any Seminole State campus building.
- Do not use the Athletic Training Office as an excuse for being late to practice. Make proper use of your time to assure you are taped and/or prepared no later than 10 minutes before the start of practice.
- Do not arrive 10 minutes before practice and expect to receive treatments. Pre-authorized arrangements with the certified athletic trainer and team coaching staff is helpful but may not guarantee timely treatment/taping.