Adult High School Tuition Frequently Asked Questions

Anyone enrolling in Adult Education classes at Seminole State – Adult High School, ABE/GED and ESOL – will be required to pay tuition.

What is the tuition?

  • Florida residents: Tuition is $30 per term, regardless of how many courses you take. The tuition is not to exceed $90 per academic year.
  • Non-Residents: Out-of-state students will pay a tuition of $120 per term. The tuition is not to exceed $360 per academic year.

When is tuition due?

Tuition is due two weeks from the date you register for classes. However, if you register for classes during the add/drop period, your tuition is due that day. Please check your schedule for the specific due date.

How do I pay my tuition?

You must pay your tuition in person at any Cashiers Office. Cash, personal checks and debit/credit cards are accepted.

Cashiers Office locations:

  • Altamonte Springs Campus: First-floor lobby
  • Heathrow Campus: First-floor lobby
  • Oviedo Campus: Student Services (Building F)
  • Sanford/Lake Mary Campus: Cashiers Office windows (Building A)

What if I have to drop the class?

The Business Office is working on a refund system for students who drop classes. If you drop classes before the add/drop period for each term, your money will be refunded.

Weren't these classes free before?

Yes. However, the Florida Legislature mandated tuition for all Adult Education students during the 2011 legislative session.

How do I prove that I'm a Florida resident?

To receive the Florida resident tuition rate, a student must be classified as a Florida resident for tuition purposes. To verify this classification, you must complete and submit a Florida Residency Affidavit. To qualify, you must:

  1. Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien, or a legal alien granted indefinite stay by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, who has maintained legal residence in Florida for at least 12 months.
  2. Provide a minimum of two pieces of current (non-expired) evidence issued at least 12 months prior to the first day of the term. A list of supporting documents is available on the Registration and Records website.

The last day to submit this documentation is the day before each term begins.

Is financial aid available?

No. Financial aid can only be used for college credit courses at Seminole State.

What if I have additional questions?

For more information, contact the Adult Education Office at 407.708.2153 or meet with a student services specialist at these campus locations:

  • Altamonte Springs: Student Services Suite
  • Oviedo Campus: Student Services (Building F)
  • Sanford/Lake Mary: Building B (B-113)

Want more info? Contact us.