Vision Statement and Strategic Goals
Advance our region’s educational and economic vitality by promoting academic excellence, encouraging student success, and changing lives.
The College’s Strategic Goals and Associated Strategic Actions
Strategic Goal 1: For Our Students...
Advance student-centered teaching and learning with innovative programs and services designed to increase student success and degree completion, better preparing students to participate in the global marketplace.
- Improve student success as measured by College Preparatory Success, Program Completion Rates, Job Placement Rates and Success in Higher Education.
- Invest in and improve our use of instructional technology to enhance student learning by promoting innovation and facilitating student engagement.
- Continuously improve our methods for assessing and using results from student learning outcomes.
Strategic Goal 2: For Our Partners...
Advance educational, business and community partnerships that foster academic excellence, student achievement and economic vitality.
- Partner with K-12 and higher education institutions to increase the proportion of our regional population earning diplomas, certificates and college degrees.
- Partner with other educational institutions to increase the percentage of entering students who are college ready.
- Strengthen Seminole State’s academic programs to ensure alignment with community and workforce needs.
Strategic Goal 3: For Our Employees...
Advance our employees’ opportunities for growth and development.
- Ensure that the diversity of Seminole State employees mirrors the evolving demographics of our community and region.
- Encourage Seminole State employees to demonstrate our Core Values in all interactions.
- Create and implement development programs that enhance the skills, credentials and growth of Seminole State employees.
Strategic Goal 4: For Our College...
Advance the effectiveness of Seminole State operating systems and college processes to increase efficiency and institutional productivity.
- Continually evaluate, upgrade and streamline Seminole State’s operating support systems to increase efficiency and institutional productivity.
- Ensure that Seminole State’s organizational structure, governance, policies and procedures promote and support a dynamic, diverse, multi-campus environment.
- Strengthen our processes and capabilities to successfully complete all ongoing accreditation reviews.
Strategic Goal 5: For Our Region...
Advance our region as a leader in higher education, workforce development and community enrichment.
- Enhance Seminole State College’s position and perception as a first-choice educational destination throughout our region.
- Align programs and resources toward current and evolving educational and workforce opportunities in high-demand areas targeted at regional, state and national levels.
- Promote the positive quality of life in our region through educational attainment, opportunities for lifelong education, economic development, cultural offerings and community service.