First Wednesday Update: March 3, 2010
The College will be closed for Spring Break from Sunday, March 7, through Saturday, March 13. Many thanks to the Seminole State constituents who will be working throughout Spring Break to accomplish the following activities scheduled to occur during the College's "down time":
- A PeopleSoft Financials 9.0 upgrade will be completed during Spring Break week. This upgrade will have the following impact on services:
- Purchase Requisitions: Entry/approval of purchase requisitions will be temporarily suspended on Thursday, March 4, 2010, so any new purchase requisitions must be entered, approved and pass budget checking by 4 p.m. today. Unfortunately, any purchase requisitions entered after 4 p.m. today will be canceled during the upgrade. These requisitions will not be approved and the initiator will need to re-enter the requisition after the system is back online on Monday, March 15.
- MySeminoleState services: All MySeminoleState services will be temporarily suspended at 2 p.m., Friday, March 5, and will resume at 7 a.m., Saturday, March 6.
- Reimbursements and miscellaneous payments (e.g. travel, registrations, etc.): All reimbursement and miscellaneous payment requests submitted to the Finance Office on Thursday, March 4, will be processed Friday, March 5. Any requests received after Thursday will be processed beginning Monday, March 15.
- Resurfacing of Weldon Boulevard on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus: The City of Lake Mary Public Works Department has indicated their plan to conduct some resurfacing of Weldon Boulevard on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus sometime during Spring Break. Be prepared for possible detours if navigating this road next week.
- Sanford/Lake Mary Campus heating/AC shut down: Beginning the evening of Friday, March 5, and continuing through March 14, the heating and air conditioning systems will be down on the entire Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. These curtailments are necessary in order to install new valving systems to improve building climate controls on the campus.
- Sanford/Lake Mary electrical systems work and fire alarm testing: On Monday March 8, electrical service will be down for routine maintenance in buildings L, G, H, C, E, S1 and S2 on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Also, extensive fire alarm systems tests will be conducted throughout the campus during the Spring Break.
- Move to the new Sanford/Lake Mary Campus library: By Monday, March 15, our library staff will have completed their transition to the new Partnership Center. Library constituents will be on hand throughout the day to welcome students, faculty, and staff and to offer information on the new library, such as a floor map and library guidelines.
Finally, please be sure to turn off all computers and office equipment throughout every College location before departing for Spring Break in order to hold down utility costs during the College's closure. We hope everyone has a safe and healthy Spring Break.
Partnership Center Dedication
All College employees are invited to attend the formal dedication ceremony celebrating our new Seminole State-UCF Partnership Center on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus on Friday morning, March 26. The ceremony will be held from 9:30-10:30 a.m. in the parking lot directly in front of the new library. If your schedule permits, we invite you to stop by and witness a milestone moment in Seminole State's history.
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus "Grand Re-Opening" Weekend
The dedication ceremony for the new Partnership Center on Friday morning, March 26, will also kick off a weekend of activities to celebrate the transformation of the entire Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Our community will be invited to experience three days of events that will showcase both the newly renovated campus and the talents of our students and faculty/staff. These special events will include:
- Friday night, March 26:
- 7:30-8:10 p.m.: Musical performances by SeminoleSound and the Jazz Ambassadors in the Fine Arts Auditorium
- 8:10-8:20 p.m.: A student 10-minute play, "The Executive Dance," in the Fine Arts Auditorium
- 8:30 p.m.: A special planetarium show, "The Story of the Universe," in the Seminole State Planetarium
- Saturday morning, March 27:
- 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: A unique Seminole State Student/Faculty Art Show and Sale will be held in conjunction with the City of Lake Mary's Farmer's Market at the City Hall complex at the corner of Lake Mary Boulevard and Country Club Road. Students and faculty will be displaying and selling their artistic creations in Seminole State tents throughout the Farmer's Market.
- Sunday morning, March 28:
- 8 a.m.: An inaugural fun, family event -- the Seminole State College 5K Run/Walk -- will be held at the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus beginning at 8 a.m. The cost to participate is $20 but only $15 for students, faculty and staff who register in the Athletics Office with their College ID by March 19. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Seminole State College athletic scholarships. After the 5K run/walk, a free children's run also will be held. For more information and online registration, please visit www.FrontRunningSports.com.
Termination Of Our Former "scc-fl.edu" Web Address
Please be aware that on April 12, 2010, any and all online links to the College's previous "scc-fl.edu" URL will cease to exist. This date will mark the end of the six-month grace period allowed by the ".edu" domain provider for educational institutions to maintain two simultaneous links during a name-change/URL-change process. Please make sure that all references to our College's website in your e-mail address, e-mail signature, business card and any other usages are converted to "seminolestate.edu" no later than April 11, 2010.